Thoughts from Aaron of Court House

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Virus

My dad’s computer caught a virus … like a bad virus. I don’t really know how. There is a bit of speculation as to how the virus got on the computer, but the fact of the matter is it did. It’s there and there is nothing we could do to get it off. Oh and we tried. We deleted things, downloaded things, reloaded and restored things, but it was there set in and actually getting worse. You see this particular worm multiplies and gets in so deep that there is nothing that you can do to fix it. Even if you turn off the computer and tap F10 when the computer comes back on, to try and make it go to factory settings … nada. So how you ask do I get this stupid worm out of my computer … this worm that has infected everything, every program registry, system, and causes my computer to act in ways it shouldn’t … how do I fix that problem?

Apparently there is a disk. A disk that comes from the outside. A disk that in a sense is connected to my computer and is an embodiment of my computer programs, in that it has the code of the programmer on it. When you put this disk in, the computer goes back to what it was created to be without the virus. A fully functioning complete computer.

To me the doctrine of Original Sin (OS) was odd. I couldn’t really grasp why it was so important to understand that nothing good could come from me. I took me a while to understand that I was infected with the virus of sin. So much so that only when something (moreover someone) from the programmer was inserted would I become a fully functioning complete human. We weren’t made to be a mess. We weren’t made to be incomplete. However when sin entered the world it dirtied everything. Every program, every restore, every system, became infected. However, God in his mercy came down and was “inserted” into the world, and although he was connected with the world and embodied all it meant to be human, he conquered the virus.

So what does that mean? How much of the virus could God conquer? I don’t know how long I will be doing this but I think I’m going to use my next few blogs to put my thoughts on “Full Salvation” down before I move on with a few more sections of the Peter Book. Thanks for indulging me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • you should just get a mac instead...then you don't have to worry with these viruses. ;op

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:54 PM  

  • Mac's are innately god like..without viruses.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

  • Great post Aaron - Keep this - its a great sermon illustration...I'm looking forward to what else you have to say in the next couple of posts!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 PM  

  • Missy: to keep with my illustration I would say that Mac's are like we were in the garden. Sinless but with an ability to contract a virus none the less.

    Cassie: I have to admit I stole the illustration from my father. He just used it Yesterday though so it looked like it was my own!

    By Blogger Aaron, at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home